Be Thankful + Give Back
Posted on 24 November 2016
Today I'm thankful for so many things. A loving family, three sweet babies, a new business and adventure... But this holiday always reminds me of those families who are struggling. It reminds me that though I am blessed, I am not alone in this world. I am not apart. And the struggles of others are a part of my struggle as well.
It's important to reflect, to pray, to support, to encourage and engage this holiday season. And every season for that matter. To that end I'd like to call out some of the non-profit organizations that I have spent some time with over the years. Whether that time be work, volunteer, research, or donation.
These are people who are doing something about the struggles of families. Who wake up every day and go to work and dedicate their time to fighting the good fight. They don't make a lot of money, they face overwhelming difficulty and heartbreak in their jobs. Heartbreak that many could not bear to witness, let alone see it on a daily basis.
And yet they press on.
If you have a heart to work alongside them, to give or to volunteer, or simply to visit their website & share their message, please take a moment to do it today.
- Together We Rise: Improving the lives of foster kids in America
- March of Dimes: Working to end premature birth
- St. Baldricks: Conquering childhood cancer
- Yellowstone Boys & Girls Ranch: Provides residential and community based services for at-risk children
- Embrace Grace: Groups & support for single mamas
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse: Working to address abuse, neglect & exploitation of the elderly in the US
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Working to prevent suicide in America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Working to bring awareness to mental health issues in the US
- Do Something: Mobilizing young people to make positive change
Please share your favorite non-profits in the comments below!